Looking for fun things to do and ways to enjoy outside now that the weather has turned downright pleasant in the Hill Country? Start here with our list of the top five ways to take advantage of the beautiful spring weather in the Texas Hill Country!
- A long walk along the River Trail. Enjoy the best view in Kerrville from the Guadalupe River. The River Trail is an approximately 10’ wide trail spanning just over 6 miles along the banks of the Guadalupe River, with trailheads located throughout Kerrville for easy access. The River Trail is open to cyclists and pedestrians alike and is dog friendly, making it the perfect outdoor outing to enjoy springtime in the Hill Country. During peak summer months, bike and boat rentals are available along the trail, providing even more ways to see the best of Kerrville from the water.
- Catch a concert at Schreiner University Trailhead Stage. Apart from catching a great concert at the Trailhead Stage, check out the Trailhead before the concert to take a walk through Schreiner’s beautiful campus, enjoy a cold beverage at the Trailhead Beer Garden, and grab a bite to eat at one of the many food trucks constantly on site. With plenty of parking, visiting the Trailhead Stage is easier than ever!
- Easterfest. For over 40 years running, Easterfest has been one of Kerrville’s most anticipated spring events. Come out to enjoy a beautiful day along the Guadalupe River at Flat Rock Park. Family-friendly activities include an Easter egg hunt, craft and food vendors, live music, a car show, and BBQ cook-off. Check out the Kerrville Area Chamber of Commerce’s page for more information!
- Get outside “Down on the Loop” in Ingram and enjoy live music and a tasty beverage with friends. Make your way down the road to the historical Old Ingram Shopping District along the Guadalupe River to enjoy an evening of strolling, live music, and tasty beers. Down on the Loop is a local beer garden and concert venue open every weekend and features food trucks, games, and live music. What more could you want when enjoying a beautiful spring evening outdoors?
- Sip and shop historic downtown Kerrville. Historic downtown Kerrville may be the perfect place to spend a spring day – strolling, shopping, and sipping to your heart’s content. Kerrville has a longstanding history of being a world-class folk arts destination so be sure to check out some of the city’s best galleries while out and about. Historic downtown Kerrville has a bit of retail therapy for everyone – from home foods to clothing, from jewelry to books, there’s something for everyone to browse and buy while enjoying the spring weather. After all that gallery hopping and shopping, be sure to stop in for a drink and a meal at one of the area’s dozens of restaurants. Enjoy outdoor dining on one of the many patios throughout historic downtown and take in all the people-watching.
There’s so much to see and do this time of year in the Hill Country, especially outdoors! Need help finding more things to do? Check out the CVB and Chamber of Commerce for full calendars of all upcoming events!